- Table View
- List View
A woman's guide to keeping your girlfriends, based on fan mail and interviews with true blue friends.
The host of Style Network's #1 rated show and a renowned life coach and New York Times bestselling author team up to teach people how to permanently de-clutter their homes. Does this sound familiar? "I've had that since I was a kid; it holds so many memories." "How can I give this away? It was my grandmother's." "But what if I need this eventually? You never know..." Mark Brunetz, host of Style Network's Clean House, and life coach and bestselling author Carmen Renee Berry share a simple yet breatkthrough understanding of clutter and how to conquer it. The source of clutter is the stories, beliefs, and emotions attached to objects. If readers learn to change their attachment to clutter they'll be able to clear away their mess. Each chapter includes stepby-step instructions, inspiring success stories, and exercises. The result will be a personally meaningful makeover-a new method to align the person the reader wants to be with the home the reader wants to have.
Is it possible to be a Christian and a sexual being? At times it seems like the Church pits sexuality and spirituality against one another. Yet the cost in creating such a dichotomy has resulted in harmful implications on spiritual growth, sexual intimacy, and moral credibility. The Unauthorized Guide to Sex and the Church traces sexual attitudes and practices in Hebrew culture as presented in the Old Testament through the current issues that confront the church today. It addresses questions such as "How has the church become so notorious for sex scandals amongst its leadership?" "Why is the church unable to present a united front on sexual issues such as marriage/divorce, premarital sex, homosexuality, and abortion?" and "How can I make wise and informed choices about these important issues in light of my beliefs?"Blending historical facts with practical wisdom, this lively exploration looks at how Christian views of sex have developed and changed based on doctrinal, cultural, medical, scriptural, and psychological understandings.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.