- Table View
- List View
In her 70s, Mary Helen is supposedly retired at Mount St. Mary College. When her timid secretary Suzanne Barnes is murdered, however, the grieving nun determines to see justice done. Her friends in the police have no leads; very little is known about the victim, who had appeared out of nowhere, seemingly, to work at the school. Taking her equally daring religious companions on visits to people in Suzanne's apartment building, Mary Helen questions the residents but gets no solid clues.
Sister Mary Helen finds herself solving 3 murders which have a common link.
When the OWLS, including Sisters Mary Helen and Eileen, return from their convention, their friend Erma Duran goes missing. Did she move away without letting anyone know, as suggested by her friend, landlord and boss, Al Finn? Or has something more sinister happened? And where do her children fit into it?
Sister Mary Hellen has agreed to be interviewed on live TV local news. The popular anchorwoman conducting her interview dies on the set. The nun once again finds herself involved in the investigation of the crime.
Sister Mary Helen isn't ready for retirement. Instead she's arrived at a San Francisco women's college to teach history and perhaps shake things up. An earthquake does that before she can, and amid the rubble lies a body. An "Act of God" is not responsible for the death, but rather murder. One of Sister Helen's fellow nuns begins a novena to St. Dismas, "the Good Thief" predicting the saint will reveal the murderer within nine days. Sure enough the police soon nab a suspect...but Sister Mary Helen believes it's the wrong man and begins her own pursuit of the killer. Her motive is justice...and her inspiration, simply divine.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.