Adventures in Food and Nutrition! is designed to help you explore the exciting world of food and nutrition. You will explore beyond familiar foods and preparation methods. A multicultural, multiethnic emphasis will encourage you to try new foods.
Introduce your students to food and nutrition with Adventures in Food and Nutrition! Packed with student appeal, this full-color text generates student interest with action photos, interesting activities, and real-world experiments. The text encourages students to develop scientific and inquiry skills as they learn about nutrition, food management, and preparation. The text is written at a lower level for younger students or beginning level classes. -- Multicultural focus, reflecting foods from a cross section of diverse backgrounds. -- Math and science applications and activities are provided throughout the text and in special-interest features. -- Involves students in the science and creativity of preparing meals and snacks. -- Chapters include Objectives, New Terms, Review Questions, Application Questions, Activities, and a Summary.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.