- Table View
- List View
You don't have to stifle your creative impulses to pay the bills. For anyone who's ever been told, "Don't quit your day job," career counselor Carol Eikleberry is here to say, "Pursue your dreams!" Now in its third edition, her inspiring guide provides knowledgeable career guidance, real-life success stories, and eye-opening self-evaluation tools to help artistic individuals figure out how to remain different, unconventional, and hard-to-categorize while finding work they love. The revised third edition of the popular guide for offbeat individuals seeking work that suits their unique skills, talents, and passions. Updated throughout, including new inspiration and tips for keeping a creative job notebook. Descriptions of more than 270 creative jobs, from the mainstream (architect, Web designer) to the unexpected (crossword-puzzle maker, police sketch artist). Previous editions have sold more than 60,000 copies.Reviews"What a great manual for young rebels and older freethinkers who are plotting their next career move."--Boston Globe From the Trade Paperback edition.
A practical career guide for creatively inclined job seekers of all ages, with tips and counsel on how to use their independent and innovative talents and passions to make money, express themselves, and find a job they love.This new edition of the popular guide for individuals seeking work that suits their unique skills has been completely revised and updated to reflect the freedom offered by the new work order, delve more deeply into freelancing as a career, explore social media as it relates to creative job searches, provide new success stories, and bring all salary information up to date. It also includes descriptions of more than 270 creative jobs, from the mainstream (architect, web designer) to the unexpected (crossword-puzzle maker, police sketch artist). With knowledgeable career guidance, real-life success stories, and eye-opening self-evaluation tools, the fourth edition of The Career Guide for Creative and Unconventional People helps unique individuals find work that supports and compliments their personalities and passions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.