- Table View
- List View
Meet outgoing Ava Wren, a fun fifth grader who tries not to lose patience with her shy big sister. When Pip's 13th birthday party turns into a disaster, Ava gets a story idea for a library contest. But uh-oh, Ava should never have written "Sting of the Queen Bee." Can Ava and her new friend help Pip come out of her shell? And can Ava get out of the mess she has made? "A big W-O-W for Ava and Pip!"--Julie Sternberg, Like Pickle Juice On a Cookie
Dear Diary,You will never in a million years guess where we're going. Nope. Guess again. Never mind. I'll tell you. Italy! We're going to ITALY! In Europe!! Across the ocean!!! I even have a passport. It's really cool, except I'm squinting my eyes in the photo so I look like a dork. At least that's what my brother said. I call him Matt the brat. You would too. Trust me. . . . Go ahead. It's not snooping, because you're invited to dig right into the private diary of Melanie Martin, age 10. Melanie is off to Italy on a family vacation with her art-obsessed mom, her grumpy dad, and her annoyingly cute 6-year-old brother. But Italy isn't exactly everything Melanie expects it to be. As she discovers Michelangelo, gelato, and the joy of penning poetry, she also discovers how much her crazy family really means to her. Maybe she won't trade them in after all. From the Hardcover edition.
Looking for some words of wisdom? for girls only is here to help with tips, advice, and tons of fun, clever quotes about friends, family, school, life, and love. Carol Weston, advice columnist, novelist, and best-selling author of girltalk, adds her own spin to over five hundred carefully chosen quotations. You'll find insight and inspiration in the words of Socrates and Seinfeld, Queen Elizabeth and Queen Latifah, Mark Twain and Halle Berry -- and in proverbs and quotations from around the world and throughout history that are still perfect for here and now.
From bra shopping to babysitting, from making close friends to making great grades, Girltalk has all the answers Upbeat and up-to-date, honest and hip, Girltalk is an "indispensable guide" (Working Mother) for girls ages eleven to eighteen. This Fourth Edition is the ultimate preteen and teen source for advice on: Body: looking and feeling your best Friendship: you don't like everybody -- why should everybody like you? Love: falling in, falling out Sex: what you should know before saying yes Family: making the best of your nest Education: getting through school, getting into college Money: making it, saving it, spending it Smoking, Drinking, and Drugs: advice without lectures Quizzes: getting to know yourself
For once, Mel is spending her vacation on her home turf--Manhattan! But she's not alone. Miguel, the cute boy she met in Spain, is visiting New York, and this time Mel gets to be his tour guide. From the Empire State Building to the Statue of Liberty, from the Central Park Zoo to the Brooklyn Bridge, Mel and Miguel are off on their own adventures. But--uh-oh!--Mel also meets a boy in math class. And while she is learning lots about the Big Apple, she is also learning it's harder than you think to like two guys at one time.
The third of the popular Melanie Martin books finds Melanie in Spain--and caught up in her first romance! Dear Diary, All of us are excited about this vacation, but Mom might be too excited. Mel is back and off to Spain, the land of bullfights, flamenco, and Picasso. But this is no ordinary vacation--the Martins are visiting Mom's old boyfriend. Mel's worried that Mom might still have feelings for Antonio . . . until she meets Antonio's son, Miguel, who's almost exactly Mel's age--and cute! So instead of spying on Mom for Dad, she ends up getting pretty distracted herself. . . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.