- Table View
- List View
An accessible resource for busy teachers, this informative book sets the stage for using technology effectively in the literacy classroom. The authors take the reader step by step through the ongoing cycle of planning, teaching, and assessment in a technology-rich environment. They demonstrate how to use the Internet and reading and writing software not only to teach core literacy skills, but also to help children develop new reading and communication competencies for the digital age. Vivid classroom examples illustrate specific strategies for explicit instruction, teacher modeling, think-alouds, and interactive demonstration. The book also offers tools and tips to support professional development, including reproducible materials for use by individual teachers or study groups.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.