- Table View
- List View
Feeling like she does not fit in with the other members of her family, who are all thin, brilliant, and good-looking, Virginia tries to deal with her self-image, her first physical relationship, and her disillusionment with the people closest to her.
Fresh from "Vegan Virgin Valentine," V Valentine is back and on a solo cross-country road trip to Texas. With her trademark blend of humor and compassion, Mackler takes readers on an unforgettable ride of missed exits, misadventures, and epiphanies.
With her parents splitting up, 16-year-old Sammie Davis may not want to feel a thing, but feelings happen. For starters, she's plenty angry. Her dad's leaving their upstate New York home and moving clear across the country. Her mother--well, she's packing up and relocating to New York City with Sammie, who has no say about any of it. Overnight Sammie is forced to deal with change. And one change spawns another: Roles get reversed, old and new friendships tested, and sexual feelings awakened. It's a scary time. But as Sammie realizes that things can't stay the same forever, that even the people she loves and trusts the most can disappoint her, she begins to accept that change isn't always bad. It's how you cope, jumbled feelings and all, that counts. And as she copes, Sammie's sense of self emerges proud and strong.
Paradise wasn't supposed to suck. Not the state of being, but a resort in the Caribbean. Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen are all there for different reasons, but at Paradise their lives become tangled together in ways none of them can predict. Paradise will change them all. It will change Jena, whose first brush with romance takes her that much closer to having a life, and not just reading about those infinitely cooler and more exciting. It will change Dakota, who needs the devastating truth about his past to make him realize that he doesn't have to be a jerk just because people think he's one. It will change Skye, a heartbreakingly beautiful actress, who must come to terms with the fact that for once she has to stop playing a role or face the consequences. And it will change Owen, who has never risked anything before and who will take the leap from his online life to a real one all because of a girl he met at Paradise. . . . From confused to confident and back again, one thing's certain: Four months after it all begins, none of them will ever be the same.
Estados Unidos, 1995. Emma y Josh han sido siempre vecinos y mejores amigos, pero últimamente su relación ya no es lo que era. Todo porque un día Josh intentó besarla y Emma, convencida de que enrollarse estropearía su relación, le dejó muy claro que ellos solo podían ser amigos. Desde entonces, ambos mantienen las distancias y ya no se ven fuera del colegio.Un día a Emma le sucede algo muy extraño: revisando los mails en su ordenador nuevo, se da cuenta de que una extraña web llamada Facebook ha aparecido como por arte de magia en su explorador. Para sorpresa de Emma, la página está personalizada con su nombre y la fecha que aparece es de 15 años en el futuro. En Facebook, Emma tiene 31 años, está en el paro y está casada, pero no parece estar muy satisfecha con su relación. Muy confundida, Emma decide romper el hielo y explicárselo a Josh, la única persona a la que siempre le ha contado todo. Él es muy escéptico e intenta convencerla de que se olvide de la misteriosa página, porque seguro que es una simple broma.Pero con el paso de los días, Emma cada vez está más convencida de que ha encontrado una #ventanita# hacia el futuro. Lo que ve allí no siempre le gusta y decide empezar a cambiar cosas de su vida para tener un futuro mejor. Y mientras se obsesiona por lo que vendrá, no se da cuenta de que tal vez lo único que quiere ya está a su lado#
From the author of the award-winning The Earth, My Butt, And Other Big Round Things comes the racy story of an overachiever who learns to get over it- and get a life. Mara Valentine is in control. She's a straight-A senior, a vegan, and her parents' pride and joy. She's neck-and-neck with her womanizing ex-boyfriend for number-one class ranking and plans to kick his salutatorian butt on her way out the door to Yale. Mara has her remaining months in Brockport all planned out, but the plan does not include having V, her slutty, pot-smoking, sixteen-year-old niece -- yes, niece -- come to live with her family. Nor does it involve lusting after her boss or dreaming about grilled cheese sandwiches every night. What does a control freak like Mara do when things start spinning wildly out of control? With insight, authenticity, and a healthy dose of humor, Carolyn Mackler creates an evolving Type A heroine that every reader will recognize -- and root for.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.