- Table View
- List View
After years of hiding from her past, single mom Lauren Woodman had finally returned to her Vermont hometown with her young son in tow. Reconnecting with her family and friends was Lauren's goal, until a snowstorm brought a mysterious stranger to town-and into her life. Wes Evans was struggling to find the path to God's love and forgiveness, after his work as a missionary in the Middle East made him question his calling. But his search for redemption threatened to hurt the one person who could heal his heart and soul. . . ;.
Moonlight And Mistletoe Professional organizer Sarah Montgomery is hired to organize her elderly neighbor's cluttered apartment by Justin Latimer, her neighbor's grandson. Sarah believes free-spirited Justin is a lazy, unemployed poet who is taking advantage of his grandmother's generosity. Though attracted to him, she guards her heart against her growing feelings. As Sarah and Justin work together and enjoy Christmas events in New York City, romantic sparks fly-but will new revelations douse them? Shopping for Love Emily Jones has good reason for wanting to get lost as a tourist in the crowded shopping districts of New York City. But when Bryan Evans literally knocks her off her feet, her heart is spun even more off balance. When Christmas comes, will she go back home to life as normal, or will a piece of her heart always stay in the Big Apple? Where the Love Light Gleams by Lynette Sowell When the spruce tree in widow Gwynn Michaud's New Hampshire front yard is chosen for Rockefeller Center, her grown children send her to the Big Apple to see the tree lighting. Her host, Theophilus Stellakis, enjoys his ordered life and clockwork schedule as a professor in Manhattan. Will this Christmas bring change for both of them? Gifts from the Magi by Vasthi Reyes Acosta Cecilia Montes, a busy Latina grad student, buries herself under piles of work to keep her loneliness away. Then Elias Perez, a childhood friend, returns to the city as the youth pastor at her church. She is surprised to discover that the formerly sickly boy is now a strong, vibrant man of God. As Cecilia helps Elias with the youth, their friendship is renewed. But only when Cecilia learns to trust the Lord in new and deeper ways is she ready to receive gifts of love.
Worlds lie between the marketplaces of India and the halls of a magnificent country estate like Highland Hall. Will Julia be able to find her place when a governess is neither upstairs family nor downstairs help? Missionary Julia Foster loves working alongside her parents, ministering and caring for young girls in India. But when the family must return to England due to illness, she readily accepts the burden for her parents' financial support. Taking on a job at Highland Hall as governess, she quickly finds that teaching her four privileged, ill-mannered charges at a grand estate is more challenging than expected, and she isn't sure what to make of the estate's preoccupied master, Sir William Ramsey. Widowed and left to care for his two young children and his deceased cousin Randolph's two teenage girls, William is consumed with saving the estate from the financial ruin. The last thing he needs is any distraction coming from the kindhearted-yet-determined governess who seems to be quietly transforming his household with her persuasive personality, vibrant prayer life, and strong faith. While both are tending past wounds and guarding fragile secrets, Julia and William are determined to do what it takes to save their families--common ground that proves fertile for unexpected feelings. But will William choose Julia's steadfast heart and faith over the wealth and power he needs to secure Highland Hall's future?
After years spent helping run her family's Christian bookstore, it's time for Adrie Chandler to give her own dream a chance. But can she really trust the beloved shop to new manager Ross Peterson? The man is too handsome, too charming...too much a reminder of another dream Adrie had to let go of-marriage.Yet Ross surprises her by knowing a thing or two about making sacrifices. Suddenly, Adrie's questioning what she really wants. And whether the dreams she once thought unlikely are within reach after all.
Since losing his wife and child, widower Cam McKenna has tried to avoid children. But when he must temporarily care for his niece, Cam opens his home. With no idea how to relate to a fourteen-year-old girl, he seeks the advice of the new Christian Youth theater director. He's touched when Rachel Clark gives his niece a scholarship-and teaches him a thing or two about teens...and love. But why is Rachel so secretive about her past? The truth threatens their fragile relationship yet promises to bring them closer to each other-and the Lord- than either dreamed possible.
Bringing her daughter to the one place she feels safe, single mother Annie Romano returns to Fairhaven, Washington. Though hoping to start a new life as a personal chef, Annie accepts a different job. Alex Jameson, the handsome man she secretly loved as a teenager, needs a live-in caregiver for his ailing grandmother. A big-city workaholic in town temporarily, Alex doesn't seem to realize how much he needs family-or love. But the holiday season, his grandmother's matchmaking friends and one fatherless little girl start pulling at both Annie's and Alex's heartstrings. Just in time for the most special Christmas ever.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.