- Table View
- List View
When Basra Sadiq realizes that catalogue modeling isn't enough to pay her college tuition, she reluctantly becomes a high-end escort. With her exotic Somalian looks, there are plenty of men willing to pamper her, showering her with money and expensive gifts. It's not long before she becomes hooked on the extravagant lifestyle. She joins Choice, an elite international escort agency in Manhattan, where she works under the name Dove. In spite of her "no sex" rule, affluent patrons are willing to pay top dollar for just a few hours in her company. Dove is in high demand. After months of wild parties and expensive vacations, Dove finds it harder to hold her slot as "top chocolate. " There is plenty of competition from girls who are willing to do any and everything to make a buck. Dove realizes that she's got to do whatever is necessary to stay on top. However, matters become complicated when she falls in love with Grayson Charles, an abstract artist. Dove would like to leave behind the escort business, but that proves to be harder than she expected. Not only has she become accustomed to the perks of her job, but she's also boosting Grayson's career by convincing her clients to buy his artwork. Even after she marries Grayson, she hasn't been able to break free from the escort service. How long will she be able to balance her life as the wife of one man and the fantasy of many?
After a few tiring years on the road, nationally known singer Henna James takes a sabbatical and visits her dear friend, Monica. During her search for rejuvenation and inspiration for her next CD, she meets Craig, Monica's flighty, womanizing younger brother. Sparks fly between these two very different people. Henna falls harder than she cares to admit. Craig, too, is having feelings he's never experienced before; but Craig hasn't been completely honest. He has a long-distance girlfriend, Nia, who suddenly pops into town and delivers a commitment ultimatum. She is tired of their on again/off again relationship, and she is ready to be married. Craig is torn, but ultimately his decision is made for him. Henna learns about Nia and quickly ends the affair with Craig. Seeing no hope of reconciliation with Henna, Craig proposes to Nia, but before the wedding takes place, Henna delivers some surprising information that could change everything. Now each of them has decisions to make. Is Craig ready to become responsible for the first time in his life? And if Henna decides to take him back, will she ever be able to truly forgive him?Three Chords and the Truth is about leaving emotional baggage behind, trusting the heart after being hurt, and loving outside your comfort zone.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.