- Table View
- List View
The highly popular pregnancy cookbook, now bigger and better than ever
Winner of Mom's Choice Award in Pregnancy/Childbirth Category Every pregnant woman understands that what she eats and drinks affects the baby developing within her. Yet as a mother-to-be, you're likely juggling so much that you simply don't have the time--or energy!--to ensure that you're always eating right. That's where this fully updated edition of the pregnancy classic comes in, making it easy to fulfill the needs of you and your baby. Eating for Pregnancywill provide you with all you need to know about nutrition before, during, and after pregnancy. Here are 150 nutrient-rich recipes, more than 30 new to this edition, designed with you and your family in mind. Each highlights "What's in this for baby and me?" and provides handy nutritional breakdowns and meal-planning advice. You'll also find: * Tips to help you minimize unnecessary weight gain and keep your nutrient intake high * Fresh, fast, family-friendly recipes with realistic menu plans * The most up-to-date information on supplements, sources, environmental concerns, and high-risk pregnancies * An expanded vegetarian section--now with vegan recipes * Helpful information for diabetics, including ADA exchanges, recipe tips, and dining-out strategies * A unique Nine-Months-Later section, covering breastfeeding, postpartum depression, and weight loss after pregnancy--with illustrated exercises
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.