- Table View
- List View
Although security is prevalent in PCs, wireless communications and other systems today, it is expected to become increasingly important and widespread in many embedded devices. For some time, typical embedded system designers have been dealing with tremendous challenges in performance, power, price and reliability. However now they must additionally deal with definition of security requirements, security design and implementation. Given the limited number of security engineers in the market, large background of cryptography with which these standards are based upon, and difficulty of ensuring the implementation will also be secure from attacks, security design remains a challenge. This book provides the foundations for understanding embedded security design, outlining various aspects of security in devices ranging from typical wireless devices such as PDAs through to contactless smartcards to satellites.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.