- Table View
- List View
Do you have the locksmith's phone number on speed dial? Find yourself spending a fortune on new locks after someone lost their keys again? Forgot your keys in the car one too many times? Free yourself once and for all from ever having a keyless crisis again with The CIA Lockpicking Manual. With this clever pocket- sized guide, you'll quickly learn how to get yourself into--and out of--tight spaces.With clear explanations and detailed illustrations, The CIA Lockpicking Manual will quickly teach you what you need to know. Soon you'll be able to get yourself into your house, office desk, or car . . . without your key.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, The CIA World Factbook 2012 offers complete and up-to-date information on the world's nations. This comprehensive guide is packed with detailed information on the politics, populations, military expenditures, and economics of 2012.For each country, The CIA World Factbook 2012 includes:Detailed maps with new geopolitical dataStatistics on the population of each country, with details on literacy rates, HIV prevalence, and age structureNew data on military expenditures and capabilitiesInformation on each country's climate and natural hazardsDetails on prominent political parties, and contact information for diplomatic consultationFacts on transportation and communication infrastructureAnd much more!Also included are appendixes with useful abbreviations, international environmental agreements, international organizations and groups, weight and measure conversions, and more. Originally intended for use by government officials, this is a must-have resource for students, travelers, journalists, and business people with a desire to know more about their world.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.