A towering crisis interrupts the twins' usual mayhem: The mayor is about to build his monstrous Knightlorian Hotel right next door! But as they try to halt construction, Edgar and Ellen encounter a new foe -- an unknown prankster who's stealing their thunder (and their best schemes)! To stop the rash of copycat capers the twins must descend into the sewers, but what they discover there is stranger than anything they could have imagined. A mysterious journal, a secret laboratory, a villain's hideaway -- there's a lot more than sewage running beneath Nod's Limbs!
Glaciers! Snow monsters! Derflootle! The twins are about to get iced. Edgar and Ellen's pursuit of their nemesis, Stephanie Knightleigh, leads them to Frøsthaven, an Arctic village whose cheerful citizens and strange customs remind them of home. What makes this place a sugary sweet duplicate of Nod's Limbs? The secret, alas, is upon the forbidden slopes of the Glöggenheim, where dwells something that doesn't take kindly to being disturbed.
Fire ants. Fraud. Footie pajamas. Twins Edgar and Ellen live alone -- their parents disappeared years ago, and who can blame them? -- in the quaint, little town of Nod's Limbs, in a grim, gray house overlooking the cemetery and the junkyard. They spend their days avoiding Heimertz, the mysterious accordion-playing caretaker; pestering Pet, a hairy, one-eyed creature of indeterminate species and gender; and wreaking havoc on the hapless citizens of Nod's Limbs. But wreaking havoc can incur expenses, so the twins come up with a unique fund-raising scheme: They'll nab the pets of Nod's Limbs and transform them into exotic animals they can sell for big bucks. Not a bad plan, if one of the purloined pets wasn't a lethargic python with a raging appetite....
Two heads are better than one... With nothing less than the future of humanity at stake, it's up to Edgar and Ellen to thwart Stephanie Knightleigh's dastardly scheme to raid all the world's balm springs -- even if it means separating for the first time in their lives. Edgar's pursuit of the Midway Irregulars leads him to the forests of Cougar Falls and an unlikely partnership with an eccentric professional monster hunter, while Ellen and Pet find themselves in the decidedly inhospitable town of Lach Lufless. But can Edgar survive without Ellen's quick wits? Can Ellen survive without Edgar's satchel of tricks? And can either of them survive when their most important allies have become deadly enemies?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.