Artists of classical Greece and the Renaissance were highly aware of the complexity and great beauty of the human figure, and strove in their artwork to depict the ideal form. This book by an experienced twentieth-century art teacher covers two fundamentals of figure drawing that were equally important to masters of earlier eras -- anatomy and perspective, subjects that seldom receive a thorough treatment within the same book. Carefully addressing both topics, the text suggests ways to convey the structure and functions of the human figure, covers elementary principles of drawing, and considers the use of light and shadow. Also discussed are aspects of measurement and the application of such simple forms as the cube, cylinder, and sphere in representing parts of the human body.In describing the relationship between anatomical features and surface form, the chapters on anatomy include drawings of the bones and muscles of the trunk, upper and lower limbs, and the head and its prominent aspects. A final section focuses on accessories, such as eyeglasses and clothing -- items which, when worn, virtually become part of the figure's anatomy.Clearly and concisely written, Anatomy and Perspective will be an important addition to the personal library of anyone interested in drawing the human figure.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.