These are clever imaginary adventures of Charles Darwin's grandfather who Sheffield considers one of the great men of his time.
A collection of stories with the famous physicist Arthur McAndrew and Jeanie Roker as heroes.
Charles Sheffield is a noted astronomer who has published more than two dozen previous novels. He is noted for his strong characterization and bizarre ideas. This sequel to Cold as Ice takes place in the same war-ravaged solar system and features many of the same characters. Man may find himself not alone and may already have planted the seeds of his own destruction. Highly recommended!
These are the early adventures of Erasmus Darwin, grandfather to Charles and, in Sheffield's view, the greatest Englishman of the eighteenth century.
This is the last book in the Heritage Univers series. Hans Revka is once again forced to deal with the inigmatic and mysterious leavings of the Builders. Will they remain hidden?
Two acclaimed SF writers produce an odd an erotic novel about the mythical creature and Mary McPherson.
Spacer Chan Dalton is torn between two masters. The pacifist aliens who hold Earth under Quarantine want him to find out why their starships have been disappearing in the Geyser Swirl, the Bermuda Triangle of the galaxy. Earth's military, which has secretly discovered a way to break the quaran tine, assumes that someone out there is making ships vanish, including Earth's, and wants Dalton to find the culprits and hopefully stop them with extreme prejudice, if necessary. The trouble is, the aliens hold the taking of intelligent life, even in self- defense, to be the greatest of sins. It was Earth's violent ways (in defense of the damned pacifist aliens!) that led to the quarantine in the first placeand if Dalton is forced to fight, it will unveil, and so destroy, Earth's final chance to reach for the stars again. So when Dalton does indeed discover the hostile invaders responsible for the lost starships, he is faced with an impossible decision: Fight and lose access to space forever; or allow a rapa cious enemy to run riot over all that he holds dear. . . .
The twin planets of Opal and Quake are about to experience an especially severe summertide, during which Quake experiences a dramatic geological upheaval. Will an ancient artifact survive?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.