Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia provides a concise, practical review of the essential elements in the care of the severely injured trauma patient, including emergency airway management, fluid and blood resuscitation, regional and general anesthesia, and perioperative care. Edited by two of the most experienced trauma anesthesiologists in the USA, with chapters written by experts from leading US and Canadian trauma centers with the highest and most varied caseload of critically injured patients, Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia identifies new trends in surgery and anesthesiology practices that impact on the management of trauma patients. Dedicated chapters address the management of special populations including pediatric, geriatric, burn and pregnant patients. Covering the most important topics in trauma anesthesia, Essentials of Trauma Anesthesia provides anesthesiology trainees and practitioners with a practical basis for managing trauma patients.
Key Concepts in Educational Assessment provides expert definitions and interpretations of common terms within the policy and practice of educational assessment. Concepts such as validity, assessment for learning, measurement, comparability and differentiation are discussed, and there is broad coverage of UK and international terminology. Drawing on the considerable expertise of the authors, the entries provide: - clear definitions - accounts of the key issues - authoritative and reliable information - suggestions for further reading Created to support students of education on undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and established education professionals including those who are members of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors (CIEA), this book is an accessible guide for anyone engaged in educational assessment. Tina Isaacs is Director of the MA in Educational Assessment at the Institute of Education, London. Catherine Zara was most recently Director of the MA in Educational Assessment and Director of the BA (Hons) in Post Compulsory Education and Training at the University of Warwick. Graham Herbert was most recently Director of the CIEA. Steve J. Coombs is Head of Department for Continuing Professional Development at Bath Spa University, which offers an MA in Educational Assessment. Charles Smith is senior lecturer in economics and education at Swansea Metropolitan University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.