- Table View
- List View
This is a guide to help students learn to write different types of essays and to know how to research for, and reflect upon different types of writing.
Axelrod and Cooper's Concise Guide to Writing provides streamlined versions of the acclaimed Guides to Writing for six of the most commonly assigned genres in the first-year writing course. The careful integration of well-chosen readings with coverage of critical reading and guided writing in the Guide chapters is complemented by fuller coverage of reading, writing, and research in chapters at the end of the book.
This book teaches you how to analyze the writing of others (both professional writers and students) and then how to apply what you learn to your own writing. For each of the eight common kinds of writing that you will be asked to do in college, ranging from autobiography and reflection to evaluation and argument, this book provides a Guide to Reading, a Guide to Writing, and six essays to serve as models.
The book can serve as a comprehensive introduction to nine genres of writing. It prepares the students for the kinds of writing specific to academic discourse It has examples for specific kind of writing which helps you to write your own essays.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.