From the book jacket: In Finding Joy, Charlotte Davis Kasl offers her readers an insightful, spiritual, yet light-hearted guide for bringing perspective and balance to life. She takes us on a path to joy that includes playfulness, creativity, honesty, and self-acceptance. Instead of being immersed in life's dramas, she helps us dance lightly with them, bringing a sense of fascination to our lives as they unfold. Through a wealth of creative and playful strategies she helps us release fear, self-criticism, buried feelings, and shame, and accept ups and downs as a natural part of life. From this perspective we are able to relax and be open to solutions and alternatives that seldom come when we are tense, serious, or immersed in blame. She also shows how the positive power of joy can help us bridge differences between groups of people, help us find our common bonds and lead to a more peaceful world. This positive, realistic book helps the reader tap into the wonder and wisdom within us and around us. Whether we are struggling with depression, coping with everyday difficulties, or simply wanting more joy, this is a welcome guide to help us free our spirits and dance with life.
For most women, sexually addictive and sexually co-dependent behavior are intertwined. Sexually co-dependent behavior reflects basic female conditioning in our society - we are taught that a woman's power is in her sexuality, yet her sexuality is often controlled by men. Thus, sex can easily become a basic form of barter: it is the price many women pay for love and the illusion of security. The addicted woman, seeking a sense of personal power and an escape from pain, may use sex and romance as a high or as a way to feel in control, just as an alcoholic uses alcohol. Either way, however, sex never'satisfies her longing for love and self-worth. Combining remarkably candid case histories with provocative cultural analyses, Dr. Charlotte Kasl dramatically evokes both the experience of addiction and the process of recovery. She illuminates the insidious relationship between adult addiction and early abuse or neglect and explores the connections between all forms of addiction. Her guide to recovery is backed by a life-affirming discussion of healthy love and spiritual awareness. With this wise, compassionate book, women will learn to experience their sexuality as a source of love and positive power, and sex as an expression that honors the soul as well as the body.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.