- Table View
- List View
From the book jacket: In Finding Joy, Charlotte Davis Kasl offers her readers an insightful, spiritual, yet light-hearted guide for bringing perspective and balance to life. She takes us on a path to joy that includes playfulness, creativity, honesty, and self-acceptance. Instead of being immersed in life's dramas, she helps us dance lightly with them, bringing a sense of fascination to our lives as they unfold. Through a wealth of creative and playful strategies she helps us release fear, self-criticism, buried feelings, and shame, and accept ups and downs as a natural part of life. From this perspective we are able to relax and be open to solutions and alternatives that seldom come when we are tense, serious, or immersed in blame. She also shows how the positive power of joy can help us bridge differences between groups of people, help us find our common bonds and lead to a more peaceful world. This positive, realistic book helps the reader tap into the wonder and wisdom within us and around us. Whether we are struggling with depression, coping with everyday difficulties, or simply wanting more joy, this is a welcome guide to help us free our spirits and dance with life.
For most women, sexually addictive and sexually co-dependent behavior are intertwined. Sexually co-dependent behavior reflects basic female conditioning in our society - we are taught that a woman's power is in her sexuality, yet her sexuality is often controlled by men. Thus, sex can easily become a basic form of barter: it is the price many women pay for love and the illusion of security. The addicted woman, seeking a sense of personal power and an escape from pain, may use sex and romance as a high or as a way to feel in control, just as an alcoholic uses alcohol. Either way, however, sex never'satisfies her longing for love and self-worth. Combining remarkably candid case histories with provocative cultural analyses, Dr. Charlotte Kasl dramatically evokes both the experience of addiction and the process of recovery. She illuminates the insidious relationship between adult addiction and early abuse or neglect and explores the connections between all forms of addiction. Her guide to recovery is backed by a life-affirming discussion of healthy love and spiritual awareness. With this wise, compassionate book, women will learn to experience their sexuality as a source of love and positive power, and sex as an expression that honors the soul as well as the body.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.