- Table View
- List View
75 Readings introduces students to a range of classic and contemporary essays. The text also exposes them to a variety of rhetorical strategies, writing styles, themes, and topics. At the same time, it retains maximum flexibility for the instructor. These essays provide good structural models for rhetorical techniques and raise complex questions about current and enduring issues.
75 Readings offers an outstanding collection of the most popular essays for first-year writing. The readings represent a wide variety of authors, disciplines, issues, and interests.
Inheriting a priceless vintage clothing collection sounds like every woman's dream come true. But when Charlotte Smith discovered that her American godmother, Doris Darnell, had made her custodian of more than three thousand pieces dating from 1790 to the 1990s, including originals by Chanel and Dior, she was more than a little daunted. Then Charlotte uncovered her first treasure-- an exquisite 1920s evening dress--and promptly fell in love. And once she found her godmother's book of stories, the true value of her inheritance hit home. This wasn't merely a collection of beautiful things, it was a precious collection of women's lives. Tiny glimpses of our joys and disappointments, our entrances and exits, triumphant and tragic. In her previous book, Dreaming of Dior, Charlotte shared some of these gorgeous dresses and the stories of the women who wore them. Now, in Dreaming of Chanel, with special appearances by Chanel, Vivienne Westwood, Pucci, Valentino and many more, Charlotte offers another unforgettable glimpse inside the magical wardrobe every woman would love to own.
Charlotte Smith had already had more than her fair share of fabulous dresses and adventures. She lived life to the fullest in London, Paris and New York before falling in love with Australia and making it her home.Then she discovered that she had inherited a priceless vintage clothing collection from her American Quaker godmother, Doris Darnell.When the boxes started arriving, they were filled with more than three thousand pieces dating from 1790 to 1995, from Dior and Chanel originals to a dainty pioneer dress.But when she unearthed her godmother's book of stories, the true value of what she had been given hit home. This wasn't merely a collection of beautiful things; it was a collection of lives. Women's lives. Tiny snapshots of our joys and disappointments, our entrances and exits, triumphant and tragic.This is a book for any woman who knows a dress can hold a lifetime of memories.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.