- Table View
- List View
Who let the dogs out? Evildoers beware! Four of mystery fiction's top storytellers are setting the hounds on your trail -- in an incomparable quartet of crime stories with a canine edge. Man's (and woman's) best friends take the lead in this phenomenal collection of tales tense and surprising, humorous and thrilling: New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance's spellbinding saga of a scam-busting septuagenarian and her two golden retrievers; Anthony Award winner Virginia Lanier's pureblood thriller featuring bloodhounds and bloody murder; Chassie West's suspenseful stunner about a life-saving German shepherd and a ghastly forgotten crime; rising star Lee Charles Kelley's edge-of-your-seat yarn that pits an ex-cop/kennel owner and a yappy toy poodle against a craven killer.
Former D. C. cop Leigh Ann Warren is starting a new job and looking forward to a blissful wedded life. But someone is not willing to let her escape so easily -- a lethal adversary with a grudge whos determined to make Leigh Ann pay . . . and keep paying. What begins as a series of petty harassments quickly escalates into more serious crimes, as a stranger driven by hate and unburdened by conscience steals Leigh Anns identity to threaten her extended family. And when her invisible enemy graduates to murder, Leigh Ann realizes that theres only one way to take back her life and stop the terror: She must beat a killer at her own twisted game.
THE TOWN OF INNOCENCE IS AS ALL-AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE Troy Burdette is looking forward to her first vacation in three years. But then a phone call from a white South Carolina cop wakes her on her first day of freedom with the news that her ex-husband's great-aunt Jay has confessed to a fifty-year-old murder that seems never to have happened. Troy believes the old lady is serious, and promises to find out more. There are only a few folks like Jay left who might remember the supposed victim-and they're not talking. Two others are murdered, and Troy is hurtled down a twisted path of family feuds, lethal lies, and pure evil.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.