Who let the dogs out?Evildoers beware! Four of mystery fiction's top storytellers are setting the hounds on your trail -- in an incomparable quartet of crime stories with a canine edge. Man's (and woman's) best friends take the lead in this phenomenal collection of tales tense and surprising, humorous and thrilling: New York Times bestselling author J.A. Jance's spellbinding saga of a scam-busting septuagenarian and her two golden retrievers; Anthony Award winner Virginia Lanier's pureblood thriller featuring bloodhounds and bloody murder; Chassie West's suspenseful stunner about a life-saving German shepherd and a ghastly forgotten crime; rising star Lee Charles Kelley's edge-of-your-seat yarn that pits an ex-cop/kennel owner and a yappy toy poodle against a craven killer.
Former D. C. cop Leigh Ann Warren is starting a new job and looking forward to a blissful wedded life. But someone is not willing to let her escape so easily -- a lethal adversary with a grudge whos determined to make Leigh Ann pay . . . and keep paying. What begins as a series of petty harassments quickly escalates into more serious crimes, as a stranger driven by hate and unburdened by conscience steals Leigh Anns identity to threaten her extended family. And when her invisible enemy graduates to murder, Leigh Ann realizes that theres only one way to take back her life and stop the terror: She must beat a killer at her own twisted game.
THE TOWN OF INNOCENCE IS AS ALL-AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE Troy Burdette is looking forward to her first vacation in three years. But then a phone call from a white South Carolina cop wakes her on her first day of freedom with the news that her ex-husband's great-aunt Jay has confessed to a fifty-year-old murder that seems never to have happened. Troy believes the old lady is serious, and promises to find out more. There are only a few folks like Jay left who might remember the supposed victim-and they're not talking. Two others are murdered, and Troy is hurtled down a twisted path of family feuds, lethal lies, and pure evil.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.