- Table View
- List View
A complex illness that is often difficult to identify, OCD affects approximately 6 million to 9 million Americans. InObsessive-Compulsive Disorder Demystified, clinical psychologist and OCD specialist Cheryl Carmin offers an enlightening and useful guide for anyone with OCD, their families, and friends. In clear and compassionate language, Dr. Carmin helps those who suffer from the illness understand the true nature of OCD, the factors that complicate its diagnosis, and the benefits of treatment through cognitive behavior therapy and/or medication. With insight and anecdotes from an OCD patient-advocate,Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Demystifiedmakes great strides in dispelling the mystery surrounding this condition, helping readers decide if it's time to seek treatment and providing those with this anxiety disorder the information they need to better manage their lives.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.