- Table View
- List View
How do you measure the worth of a woman? Or determine the value of a man? In this sexy, suspenseful novel, Cheryl Faye takes on the hot-button issues facing men and women as they struggle to build meaningful, lasting relationships. In this novel about two friends -- and the man who plays a key role in both their lives -- Cheryl Faye tells a compelling story of friendship, jealousy, ambition, self-deception, and love. Jamilah Parsons and Sabrina Richardson are roommates and unlikely friends. Jamilah is a voluptuous, down-to-earth graphic artist who knows what she wants -- a man to love her for herself. Gorgeous and model-thin, glamorous Sabrina is beset by doubts and insecurities. She uses her beauty to reel in the kind of man she thinks will give her the good life, without having to give anything in return. When Sabrina brings home sexy attorney Darius Thornton, the stage is set for conflict and drama. Jamilah is attracted to Darius; but Darius only has eyes for Sabrina, who is determined to keep him at arm's length until she has him right where she wants him. Then she meets someone even better -- or so she thinks. What she doesn't know is that beneath this new suitor's suave exterior is a man filled with pain, ready to lash out at those closest to him. Now Sabrina must discover a courage she never knew she had, while Jamilah grapples with her own complicated feelings for both Sabrina and Darius. Intense, provocative, and intricate, Be Careful What You Wish For introduces complex, flesh-and-blood characters that readers will relate to, root for, and remember long after the final page.
Who Said It Would Be Easy? is the story of a man and woman who rely on their faith in God to live and love, despite formidable trials and tragedy. Charisse Ellison is a beautiful twenty-nine-year-old single woman who is new to her faith, but convinced that her relationship with God is the only way to have the truly fulfilling life she desires--one that includes a husband and children. Stefàn Cooper is a thirty-three-year-old bachelor who has no desire to change his ways. Tall, muscular, and strikingly handsome, Stefàn is used to getting what he wants from the opposite sex but is intrigued by Charisse's seeming indifference to his charms. The couple's intense romance leads them on a journey that challenges the bravado Stefàn has held on to for most of his adult life and forces Charisse to see that God's answered prayers don't always come packaged the way we expect. Who Said It Would Be Easy? is a story that offers hope in situations that, at first seem hopeless, and shows that through faith in an all-powerful God, even the most painful experiences can culminate in true joy and peace.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.