- Table View
- List View
How do you measure the worth of a woman? Or determine the value of a man? In this sexy, suspenseful novel, Cheryl Faye takes on the hot-button issues facing men and women as they struggle to build meaningful, lasting relationships. In this novel about two friends -- and the man who plays a key role in both their lives -- Cheryl Faye tells a compelling story of friendship, jealousy, ambition, self-deception, and love. Jamilah Parsons and Sabrina Richardson are roommates and unlikely friends. Jamilah is a voluptuous, down-to-earth graphic artist who knows what she wants -- a man to love her for herself. Gorgeous and model-thin, glamorous Sabrina is beset by doubts and insecurities. She uses her beauty to reel in the kind of man she thinks will give her the good life, without having to give anything in return. When Sabrina brings home sexy attorney Darius Thornton, the stage is set for conflict and drama. Jamilah is attracted to Darius; but Darius only has eyes for Sabrina, who is determined to keep him at arm's length until she has him right where she wants him. Then she meets someone even better -- or so she thinks. What she doesn't know is that beneath this new suitor's suave exterior is a man filled with pain, ready to lash out at those closest to him. Now Sabrina must discover a courage she never knew she had, while Jamilah grapples with her own complicated feelings for both Sabrina and Darius. Intense, provocative, and intricate, Be Careful What You Wish For introduces complex, flesh-and-blood characters that readers will relate to, root for, and remember long after the final page.
Who Said It Would Be Easy? is the story of a man and woman who rely on their faith in God to live and love, despite formidable trials and tragedy. Charisse Ellison is a beautiful twenty-nine-year-old single woman who is new to her faith, but convinced that her relationship with God is the only way to have the truly fulfilling life she desires--one that includes a husband and children. Stefàn Cooper is a thirty-three-year-old bachelor who has no desire to change his ways. Tall, muscular, and strikingly handsome, Stefàn is used to getting what he wants from the opposite sex but is intrigued by Charisse's seeming indifference to his charms. The couple's intense romance leads them on a journey that challenges the bravado Stefàn has held on to for most of his adult life and forces Charisse to see that God's answered prayers don't always come packaged the way we expect. Who Said It Would Be Easy? is a story that offers hope in situations that, at first seem hopeless, and shows that through faith in an all-powerful God, even the most painful experiences can culminate in true joy and peace.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.