- Table View
- List View
The road to a healthier lifestyle starts with small decisions and better choices. Now, with The Biggest Loser Simple Swaps,you can get healthy by simply swapping your old food, habit, and lifestyle choices for healthier versions every day. With 100 simple swaps that cut calories, save money, and provide better nutrition as well as more than 30mouthwatering recipes that put these swaps into action, getting fit and healthy has never been easier. Learn how to swap lasagna noodles for veggies. Pasta used to be a guilty pleasure for many Biggest Losers--until they learned to make a healthy version. Try replacing lasagna noodles in your favorite recipe with slices of grilled zucchini or eggplant. Better yet, try the Veggie Lasagna recipe in Chapter 4! Swap traditional yogurt for Greek-style yogurt. Greek-style fat-free yogurt contains the same number of calories as regular fat-free yogurt but has twice the protein and half the carbs. It's a great base for dips, too. Try using it in the French Onion Dip in Chapter 5! Swap sugary cereals for whole grains. The slow release of energy from complex carbs will help you feel full and keep your blood sugar steady and your energy revved. Or turn to Chapter 5 to make your own Hi-Pro Vanilla Breakfast Grains! Throughout the book, you'll also find advice and tips from The Biggest Loser experts, trainers, and the contestants themselves, who understand the challenges of fitting lifestyle changes into a busy schedule. These simple, budget-friendly swaps can make a major difference in your health and weight loss efforts. Start swapping--and losing--today!
As the nutritionist for NBC's hit show The Biggest Loser, Cheryl Forberg not only knows how to help people lose weight, she also understands why they gain it in the first place. One reason Americans keep packing on the pounds is because our taste buds have become accustomed to the intense (and artificial) flavors of highly processed foods that overwhelm our senses. We tend to crave extreme flavors and textures-salty, fried, sweet, creamy-so when we decide to lose weight by substituting grilled chicken for a hamburger, we're not going to enjoy our food. . . and we're unlikely to stick to our weight loss plan. But what if you substituted your greasy drive-thru hamburger for Spicy Beef Satays, Beer-Braised Pork Tacos, or Sesame Prawns? How about if you replaced your morning doughnut with spicy Huevos Sofrito or Toasted Oatcakes with Berry Confetti? Chances are, you'd be too satisfied to miss any of the empty calories in your old favorites. In Flavor First, you'll discover more than 75 recipes for delicious, all-natural entr es, snacks, appetizers, drinks, and desserts that are big on flavor and low in calories. Cheryl shows you how to create easy, family-friendly meals that will add instant flavor and excitement to your daily routine. From simple cooking techniques that create layers of flavor, to recipes for blending your own spice rubs and marinades, to whipping up sauces and vinaigrettes in minutes, Flavor Firstshows you that you don't have to sacrifice flavor to lose weight.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.