- Table View
- List View
The second edition of this handbook for college students maintains its focus on the rhetorical demands of writing and its emphasis on writing in the disciplines.
Providing a reliable standard for writing students and teachers, this text is based on the Harbrace Handbook of English (1941), the perennial college grammar and writing guide that grew from a systematic analysis of errors in some 20,000 college papers. In addition to a cleaner and clearer design, the second edition offers new emphasis on the rhetorical situation; revamped chapters on drafting and revising essays, e-designing, and writing arguments; new chapters on e-writing and evaluating online and print sources; coverage of writing for academic discourse, social and natural sciences, and business; and expanded style guides for researched writing. Annotation (c)2003 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.