Mitchell Stone has had it! No more Mr. Nice Guy. Sick and tired of dates that end with a pat on the back, he's decided it's time to even his odds with the ladies and become the type of man they really seem to want: a mysterious, mischievous, deceitful Dog! With the help of his "Player" instructors, Tony and Trey, he's dipping his toe into a stream of booty calls, baby-mamas, and sexual spin, winning over every woman who crosses his path! Nikki Coleman has had it, too! The men in her life have been good for one thing: disappointment. There's her high school sweetheart, Barry, a successful attorney who got someone else pregnant and derailed Nikki's early hopes of marriage. Then there's Jomo, a guitarist who's great in bed--except Nikki's not the only one he's great in bed with. There's Mitchell Stone, an old friend and fellow executive at her record company, who's handsome but just a little too nice. Last but not least, there's her father, Gene Coleman, who took a few years to acknowledge that, yeah, she's his. Now that a case of sexual harassment has Nikki on the verge of losing her job and with it her entire career in the music industry, the lack of a strong man in her life is even more painful. She can survive on her own, but in her heart she wants a Mr. Right to stand by her side and help her ride out the storm. Meanwhile, Mitchell is well on his way to becoming a real Player. With his handbook of "Dog rules" and a new, swaggering style, he's attracting women left and right. He's even got Nikki reconsidering their just-friends status. But has this Dog bitten off more than he can chew? And will Mitchell's newfound womanizing ways come back to bite him before he and Nikki find true love? (From the Trade Paperback edition.)
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.