- Table View
- List View
Using brilliantly simple math that illuminates universal emotional truths, Emotional Equations crystallizes some of life's toughest challenges into manageable facets that readers can see clearly--and bits they can control. Popular motivational speaker and bestselling author Chip Conley has created an exciting, new, immediately accessible visual lexicon for mastering the age of uncertainty. Making mathematics out of emotions may seem a counterintuitive idea, but it's an inspiring and incredibly effective one in Chip Conley's hands. When Conley, dynamic author of the bestselling Peak, suffered a series of tragedies, he began using what he came to call "Emotional Equations" (like Joy = Love - Fear) to help him focus on the variables in life that he could deal with, rather than ruminating on the unchangeable constants he couldn't, like the bad economy, death, and taxes. Now this award-winning entrepreneur shares his amazing new self-help paradigm with the rest of us. Emotional Equations offers an immediately understandable means of identifying the elements in our lives that we can change, those we can't, and how they interact to create the emotions that define us and can help or hurt our progress through life. Equations like "Despair = Suffering - Meaning" and "Happiness = Wanting What You Have/Having What You Want" (Which Chip presented at the prestigious TED conference) have been reviewed for mathematical and psychological accuracy by experts. Conley shows how to solve them through life examples and stories of inspiring people and role models who have worked them through in their own lives. In these turbulent times, when so many are trying to become "superhuman" to deal with our own and the world's problems, Emotional Equations arms readers with effective formulas for becoming super human beings.
Award-winning marketers Chip Conley and Eric Friedenwald-Fishman prove that "marketing" is not a dirty word - it is key to advancing both the value and values of any business.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.