Neuroinformatics presents cutting-edge techniques for the synergistic study of neuroinformatics. The book facilitates the efforts of discovering neuroscience through the sharing of data and the use of computational models. It demonstrates the use of neuroinformatic components as a mechanism for understanding complex disorders. It contains detailed explanations, advantages, and disadvantages of traditional and non-invasive imaging methods.
Despite the best efforts of many and despite landmark discoveries and experimental ingenuity, challenges in the pursuit of research related to olfactory receptors (ORs) continue to exist. In Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field contribute chapters that serve to address these challenges. The volume consists of several sections: knowledge dissemination of ORs, theoretical assessments of OR structure and function, as well as development and use of expression systems and experimental functional analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Concise and practical, Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid researchers in furthering the knowledge of olfaction and moving us ever closer to the thrilling discoveries that will follow.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.