- Table View
- List View
Starting Your Career in Broadcasting is the complete guide to breaking into this competitive field--and staying there. It's packed with advice from top personalities including Bob Costas, Chris Berman, Larry King, Jim Lampley, Bob Kingsley, Rene Syler, Troy Aikman, plus station managers and other broadcasting pros, all sharing stories of how they got their start in broadcasting. Often hilarious, sometimes moving, always insightful, these anecdotes offer first-hand guidance on making the right career choices. Chapters explore specific on-air and behind-the-scenes jobs; broadcasting schools and what they teach; what news and program directors seek in job applicants; tips for being effective on the air; how an aspiring broadcaster can buy airtime; weathering the ups and downs of a competitive industry; and much more.
This volume details how to begin or improve a career in broadcasting, with advice from many in the field, such as Bob Costas, Larry King, Jim Lampley, E. D. Hill, Rene Syler, station managers, and educators. Schneider relates how many stars got their start, and incorporates stories about their background and experiences throughout the book, from Walter Cronkite to Garrison Keillor.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.