- Table View
- List View
The Icy Hand Volume 2 :The Second Adventure Instanley Buggle's Saga Even more wicked and weird than the first!Stanley is looking forward to a relaxing winter. After all,nothing could have been weirder than the werewolf curse and plotting pirates he had to face the summer before! Orat least that's what Stanley thinks; but he has a lot to learn about Cramdon Rock, especially after accidentally bringing some dead pirates back to life--ones that make the previous pirates he faced look like cuddly puppy dogs and ones that are trudging across the arctic determined to find a magical medallion in Stanley's house. The only person who can save him is his dead great-uncle Bartholomew, which is a little tricky considering he's...well, dead. Oh, and did we mention headless? With the help of a talking stuffed fish and a new friend named Daisy, Stanley sets out to find his great-uncle's head, stop the pirates, and win over some new readers in this second funny and spooky installment of a thrilling new series.
Stanley's claim on Candlestick Hall (the old house that his Great Uncle Bart left to Stanley in his will) is being seriously questioned by a creepy family named the Darklings. They are obviously up to no good, and Stanley knows it, but how can he prove that Candlestick Hall is truly his?
Stanley Buggles is the prey of two more dead pirates, and this time there's an army with them. They want the precious key to the Silver Casket. Stanley doesn't know what's inside--and he and his friends are doing everything in their power not to find out.
The Wooden Mile Volume 1: Pirates...Werewolves...Lost Treasure And A Spooky House Something Wickedly Weird is most definitely here! Crampton Rock seems like a lovely seaside town...at least until dark. When eleven-year-old Stanley Buggles inherits a house from a mysterious uncle he didn't know he had, he also inherits a mystery and some strange and sinister new neighbors. The questions begin to pile up: Why are all the dogs in town three-legged? Why is no one on the streets after dark? Is it true that the man who runs the candy shop is a werewolf? And why do those shoemakers look an awful lot like pirates? With the help of Mrs. Carelli, a housekeeper, and a talking stuffed fish, Stanley begins to unravel the mysteries that haunt his great-uncle's death and have set their sights on him. A thrilling, spooky, and funny read, and the first installment of a kid-pleasing new series.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.