- Table View
- List View
Istar is the mightiest empire Krynn has ever known. The Kingpriests have reigned in the name of Paladine, the supreme god of good, for centuries. But danger lurks in the empire's heart. The Kingpriest has foreseen his own death, and dark forces converge on the Temple, vying to control the throne.
Darken Wood . . . even the name brings dread to humans. But it is home to Ansalon's centaur tribes, where they have dwelt for ages in peace under the Forestmaster's watchful eye. Now, ten years after the Summer of Chaos, strife is tearing the centaurs apart. A mad chieftain seeks to overthrow his enemies, and an even darker presence is changing the forest itself. Trephas, a brave young warrior, sets out for Solace to seek aid against these enemies. He finds more than he bargained for in Caramon Majere, Hero of the Lance, and his spitfire daughter Dezra. Acclaimed Dragonlance author Chris Pierson tells a tale of Ansalon's most mysterious race, the fabled centaurs.
Sorcery: A Threat to the Glory of Istar. Twenty years have passed since Beldinas the Kingpriest assumed the throne. His is a realm of unsurpassed grandeur and wealth, a testament to the mightiest age of the empire of Istar. But evil exists in this great realm, threatening the peace and sanctity of the province. Beldinas must turn to his most loyal lieutenant, Cathan, for help. Following Cathan's lead, the Knights of the Divine Hammer strive to extinguish a foul sorcery that will stop at nothing to serve its own dark ends.
The final title in the historical Kingpriest trilogy. This title completes the exploration of a key part of Dragonlance history. The era explored in this novel, although referred to frequently throughout many Dragonlance novels, is being finely detailed for the first time. In addition, this title features popular characters that appear throughout the Dragonlance Legends trilogy. [From the back cover:] "Salvation: The beginning and the end of Istar. For nearly forty years Beldinas the Kingpriest of Istar, has waged war against evil. Foul monsters, cults of wicked gods, and even the Orders of High Sorcery have fallen to his priests and knights. Now, as the war nears its end, a lost hero reappears: Cathan Twice-Born, once the Kingpriest's champion. As Beldinas prepares to strike the final blow, Cathan must unravel the vision that plagues him: a dream of a burning hammer. His choice will save the world ... or herald its doom." DragonLance is a series of action and adventure, good and evil, honor and betrayal, with a cast of many magical creatures and deeds, in settings from barren wastelands to lavish cities and cultures from primitive to complex. It takes over a hundred novels to tell the Dragonlance stories which span thousands of years and Bookshare has them. Check for them in the Bookshare collection and read on and on and on!
Explore the far-off continent of Taladas in the exciting conclusion to The Taladas Chronicles!As war and devastation spread across the continent of Taladas, a small band of heroes has just suffered a devastating loss in a fight to determine the world's fate. Barreth Forlo, their leader, has been possessed by the spirit of Maladar the Faceless, a sorcerer-king who seeks to return to power, by whatever means necessary. Now Shedara and Hult, Forlo's companions, must push on without him, bound for the safety of the distant Rainward Isles. Pitted against their friend, they must find a way to stop Maladar from raising his ancient empire from the ashes of history --and the answer may well lie in Forlo's own son, who carries a secret even he doesn't understand.
A year has passed since the Chaos War threatened Krynn. In the east, on the Dairly Plains, the hard-won peace is shattered by a new threat: the red dragon Malystryx. The kender Kronn-alin Thistleknot travels to Abasasinia with his older sister Catt. Together they seek heroes to stop the dragon from destroying Kendermore. Riverwind, aging chieftain of the Que-Shu, answers the call. Accompanied by his beloved daughter Brightdawn, Riverwind sets out in his final quest to save the kender from Malys's wrath . . . and to find sense in a world abandoned by the gods. Chris Pierson's novel tells the stirring tale of the final quest of Riverwind, one of the original companions of the best-selling Dragonlance series.
The Battle of the Run is over, but for Barreth Forlo victory is bitter.With only a dragon's scale to aid them, Barreth and his friends must find his missing wife before it's too late. A strange evil is stirring and a foul ritual has begun.And Forlo's unborn child lies at the heart of it. Explore the legendary continent of Taladas, where barbarian chiefs struggle for survival against power-mad sorcerers in the uneasy aftermath of the War of Souls
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.