- Table View
- List View
A young man is deeply in love with a young woman. He pours out his heart, singing to her, writing poems for her, giving her beautiful flowers. And how does she express her love back to him? She talks, usually briefly. And that's all. That's an imbalanced relationship,but it's an accurate picture of our communication with God. God speaks with pictures, symbols, music, tastes, smells, and all the rich diversity of creation. So why do we express ourselves to Him with nothing more than words? Connect with Our Creative God InCreative Prayer,Chris Tiegreen encourages us to communicate more intimately with God by speaking the language of His heart. Drawing on Bible stories, psalms, and historical examples, Tiegreen reminds us that our praises and petitions can reflect the unique gifts God has given us. Singing. Painting. Cymbals. Dancing. God has always encouraged his people to respond to him in bold, visual, active, and energetic ways. As God shows us every day in a thousand ways, real love cannot be contained. From the Trade Paperback edition.
Changing "Love" from a Noun to a Verb In our frantically driven, complex lifestyle, we suffer from fatigue, little margin, shallow relationships, and fractured families. As a result of this driven lifestyle, our souls are dis-eased--they have a lack of ease. This highly practical, comforting book maintains that it is possible to run the race at a different, more meaningful speed. Not only is it possible; it's absolutely necessary. The key to simplifying life, Chip Ingram says, is to make sure love is your #1 priority. Love redirects our focus and unravels the complex, overextended lifestyle that keeps us ever running but never arriving. In Spiritual Simplicity, Ingram explains how to change our love from a noun to a verb and choose to concentrate on what really matters: the people we love the most. Each chapter ends with probing questions to help you process, ponder, and discuss the life-giving principles laid out in this desperately needed book. *** If you crave simplicity, yearn for peace and calm, this book is for you. Through biblical teaching and practical insights, author Chip Ingram goes beyond so-called quick fixes and speaks to men and women who know what they need to do, want desperately to do it, but find it next to impossible to break free of the too many good and important things that flood their lives. The thesis of this book is very simple: Spiritual simplicity will never be achieved by strategic, managerial attempts to control our lives and schedules but through doing less because we love more. As you learn the practice of loving people, you will experience a shift from complex to simple, from hurried to peaceful, from "never enough time" to "time enough for those you love." Lasting change is within your reach.
Pray from Your Gut Satan is alive, well, and actively searching for opportunities to ruin you. Perhaps your trying circumstances or struggling relationships reflect his schemes. Does that make you angry? If you've ever suppressed simmering anger toward the enemy, seeing it as an intrusion into your prayers, it's time you experience the power of violent prayer. These very emotions of hatred and anger against Satan are fuel for life-changing prayer. Overcome an unhealthy, passive approach to prayer that dilutes your communion with the reigning Victor. When you move from defensive, reactive prayers to offensive, proactive prayers with an aggressive agenda, things begin to change. And you don't want to miss out. When the Battle Rages, Wage Prayer You witness evil all around and it bothers you. You fall to your knees and tentatively, hopefully, you approach God and ask Him to step in. But nothing happens. Goodness and righteousness seem to be fighting a losing battle. You wonder,Why is God so passive? Perhaps the better question is this: Why areyouso passive when it comes to prayer? Embrace the infuriating, passionate emotion that wells up within you against Satan and his schemes. Turn your righteous anger into proactive, aggressive prayers that invite God to intervene and destroy the evil around you. Engage inviolent prayer. "Chris Tiegreen writes with wisdom, knowledge, and creativity. Violent Prayeris a wonderful resource for Christians who want to make prayer a more powerful part of their lives. " Carol Pipes Editor,On Mission Story Behind the Book "Especially in praying for my family, I've learned that there is a connection between the emotional content of my prayers and the results I see later. Many such experiences have convinced me that 'violent' prayers can be quite appropriate and effective. My book gets into the nuts and bolts of praying God's agenda without reducing it to formulas, hierarchies, military strategies, or any other clichéd approach to spiritual warfare. It primarily addresses the emotional attitude of the believer and describes how to incorporate God's holy anger into prayer for specific situations. Christians will learn how to pray from their gut-level reactions to the enemy's agenda. " -Chris Tiegreen From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.