Direct selling is booming. It's no surprise when you consider the benefits of launching a direct selling business--low start-up costs, strong earning potential, and a flexible work schedule. Currently an estimated 15.6 million people are involved in direct selling in the U.S. alone--and more than 100 million worldwide. Mary Christensen has empowered and equipped thousands of direct sellers to succeed, and in her newest book, Be a Direct Selling Superstar, she delivers an all-encompassing guide to building, leading, and managing a profitable direct sales organization. Readers will learn how to: * Set goals * Eliminate self-sabotaging behaviors * Market their products and business opportunity effectively * Communicate persuasively * Build a committed network of sellers * Be an influential leader * Create a clear roadmap for others to follow * Inspire and lead a wide range of personalities * Maintain work-life balance * Manage their time and their money wisely For corporate refugees, ambitious entrepreneurs, mompreneurs, and anyone else looking for a new source of income--this inspiring master plan explains step by step how to achieve long-term success in direct selling.
Revenge has been a subject of concern in most intellectual traditions throughout history, and even when social norms regard it as permissible or even obligatory, it is commonly recognised as being more counterproductive than beneficial. In this book, Kit Christensen explores this provocative issue, offering an in-depth account of both the nature of revenge and the causes and consequences of the desire for this kind of retaliatory violence. He then develops a version of eudaimonistic consequentialism to argue that vengeance is never morally justified, and applies this to cases of intergroup violence where the lust for revenge against a vilified 'Them' is easily incited and often exploited. His study will interest a wide range of readers in moral philosophy as well as social philosophers, legal theorists, and social/behavioural scientists.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.