- Table View
- List View
WHAT A SUMMER! Running a play group at the inn isn't exactly Kathy's idea of a good time--and she wants out! So she gives Deena two weeks' notice. Deena keeps hoping her cousin will change her mind. But time is running out, and Deena can't handle the "little darlings" by herself. Furthermore, Deena's being hounded by a nerdy guy named Davey Findlay. Actually, Davey's O.K., and he and Deena even have fun together. But Deena doesn't want anyone to know they're friends. Between juggling the play group and her secret" friendship, Deena has a feeling it's going to be a long, complicated summer.
"LET'S MAKE A DEAL ..." That's what Kathy's guidance counselor tells her. Now Kathy has one month to improve her grades and her attitude--or else! And to make matters worse, Kathy is constantly being compared to her almost too-perfect cousin, Deena. Winning a part in the school play seems a perfect way for Kathy to prove her school spirit. But when take-charge Deena starts running the show, Kathy realizes her problems have just begun!
[From The Back Cover] HE'S THE LOVE OF HER LIFE! Deena's sure she's in love the minute she sees Doyle, a handsome, young reporter who has come to stay at the inn. But does he feel the same about her? When Deena finds a love letter Doyle has dropped, she's positive that he cares. But Deena's bliss turns to fury when she discovers that the letter was meant for "a raven-haired beauty." Who else could it be but her annoying cousin Kathy! No wonder Kathy's been so secretive lately. Deena's not about to give up without a fight--and the Cranberry Inn may never be the same!
IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE! Chairperson of the spring dance--it's music to Deena's ears. But everything goes sour when the committee members absolutely hate her "creative" suggestions. And, to complicate matters, a surprise visitor arrives at the inn and turns Deena's emotions inside out. Why can't things go easily for Deena, the way they do for her cousin Kathy? Kathy could help a lot--but can Deena really count on her? For once the Cranberry Cousins put aside their differences and work together. And Deena isn't the only one surprised by the results!
MEET THE CRANBERRY COUSINS Deena Scott comes from Boston. She is neat as a pin, listens to classical music, adores angora sweaters, and enjoys studying for exams. Kathy Manelli comes from San Francisco. She is as messy as a junk yard, listens only to hard rock music, and avoids textbooks like the plague. No wonder it's war when Deena and Kathy find themselves stuck together at the Cranberry Inn, the Victorian home being restored by their mothers. Will these rival roommates ever be able to put aside their differences long enough to become friends?
OPPOSITES ATTRACT. Deena has a secret crush on Ken Buckly. Ken's tall, blond, smart, athletic--and president of the ski club. And it's obvious that he and Deena have a lot in common. So why does Ken spend so much time with her dippy cousin Kathy on the school ski trip? Or ask her to his preppy friend's party? Deena's in a predicament. Should she confess her crush to her cousin--or keep her secret to herself ?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.