- Table View
- List View
Depression, stress and low-energy levels seem like inevitable symptoms of our hectic modern lives, often made worse by our quick-fix diet of caffeine, alcohol and sugary snacks. But it doesn't have to be that way. Respected nutritionist Christine Bailey presents extensive advice and tasty recipes to enable you to harness the natural power of food and boost your mood. Specialised chapters provide practical nutritional advice to help alleviate the symptoms of a range of conditions, from depression and difficulty sleeping to Seasonal Affective Disorder and PMS, and shows how common disorders can be overcome simply and effectively through improvements in diet.By following the advice and specially commissioned recipes of Lift Your Mood, you can embrace a healthy new lifestyle, helping you stay alert, motivated and happy for many years to come.
Good nutrition is vital for people undergoing cancer treatment, but so often the side-effects of the treatment make food unappealing and eating becomes a struggle. In Nourish you'll find easy-to-follow recipes designed specifically for cancer patients (and their families). The focus is on nutritious food that can be easily tolerated - and can help to alleviate common symptoms and side-effects, and form a crucial part of any cancer treatment programme. The role of nutrition is explained and the introduction outlines clear advice on cancer-fighting foods and how to tackle side-effects. For many suffering with cancer, eating little and often is important, so Nourish includes plans based on eating small meals six times a day. There are more than 75 recipes presented in four chapters - 'Drinks, Juices, Smoothies, Shakes & Teas', 'Soups, Light Meals & Snacks', 'Main Meals' and 'Desserts & Baked Treats' - as well as a chapter with recipes that are helpful for common side-effects. All the recipes are delicious yet simple to make, and many can be made in advance to make mealtimes hassle-free.Whether you are undergoing treatment, have opted to eat healthier as a preventative measure or are supporting someone through cancer and wish to provide nourishing dishes for them, this book will be your culinary guide.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.