- Table View
- List View
Wire is a favorite design material for jewelry artists, allowing for the creation of simple loops and embellishments to more involved, intricate pieces. In Jewelry Studio: Wire Wrapping, Linda Chandler and Christine Ritchey-the best-selling authors of Woven Wire Jewelry and Getting Started Making Wire Jewelry and more-take the mystery out of wire wrapping and share their insider secrets for making gorgeous jewelry from bundles of joined wire, no soldering required! This technique allows the jewelry maker to create timeless, elegant pieces that are beautifully simple to elaborately complex.Starting with a discussion of safety, tools and materials-including the types of metals appropriate for wire wrapping-and helpful tips, tricks, and techniques necessary before beginning a first project, the authors cover all of the basics of this deceptively simple technique. Using detailed process photography, Jewelry Studio: Wire Wrapping shows all the basics of wire wrapping step by step then takes the reader through progressive skill building projects to teach a range of wrapping techniques. Projects include bracelets, earrings, pins, and wire wrapped pendants and also include instructions for the highly sought-after wire-wrapped cabochon. Before you know it you'll be creating an elegant bow tie bracelet, a celtic link bracelet with matching earrings, a wire wrapped ring, a beautiful bracelet with coils, and more!
A new wire weaving technique that varies the number of wires and their thickness to create stunningly beautiful bracelets, necklaces, and pendants is introduced in this guide. Project instructions go well beyond simple line drawings to show the assembly process of each piece in a series of step-by-step photographs. The nine projects begin with an elegantly simple woven bracelet and move on to more dramatic projects that include a domed cuff bracelet with soldered bead ends, a free-form bracelet, a woven neck piece, and a pendant with a woven frame. Projects range in difficulty from easy to advanced, and many can be completed without soldering.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.