- Table View
- List View
Country Comfort's Complete Book of Home Baking is a keepsake recipe collection featuring a diverse selection of traditional and international baked favorites. Whether you're baking for a holiday or are looking for a tasty dessert for a family dinner, this cookbook has everything you need to create heartfelt and memorable food traditions.The Complete Book of Home Baking includes over 100 delicious recipes and accompanying anecdotes from cooks across the country. From savory quiches and tarts to sweet cookies and cakes, The Complete Book of Home Baking is sure to provide you and your family with an endless variety of recipes for all occasions.Some of the wonderful recipes featured in The Complete Book of Home Baking include Traditional Apple Pie, Creamy Chocolate Mint Brownies, Italian Cassata Cream Cake, Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins, Rustic Three Cheese Tart, Nova Scotia Seafood Quiche, Challah Bread, Whole-Wheat Raisin Bread, and many more!The Complete Book of Home Baking also includes:* Bonus all-purpose recipes for cakes, frostings, and crusts* Tips and tricks for making common baked goods such as muffins, breads, and cookies* Essentials to stock in your kitchen to help you make delicious baked dishes at a moment's notice* A customized meal and menu planner* And more...Eating at home saves money, strengthens family bonds, and allows for creativity in cooking. Whether you're a beginner who prefers easy-to-follow recipes or an experienced chef looking to expand your culinary horizons, Country Comfort's Complete Book of Home Baking is your go-to guide for flavorful and timeless recipes.
When canine heroes Max, Rocky, and Gizmo encounter a lavish riverboat moored close to shore, they're wary of what they might find on board. But as they're welcomed by a friendly community of dogs, the trio discover that there's more to their new world than they expected. These dogs have seen humans -- who Max, Rocky, and Gizmo thought had disappeared without a trace.The brave companions meet new friends and encounter old enemies in their search for their people, traveling to places they never imagined -- from a high-speed monorail to a zoo filled with exotic animals. Max, Rocky, and Gizmo uncover secrets that promise to change their lives forever as they draw closer to figuring out why the humans left and being reunited with their families.The Last Dogs: Dark Waters is the second book in a thrilling series about three friends on a journey to find their people -- and bring them home.es about three unlikely friends on an epic quest to find their people -- and bring them home.
A science experiment gone horribly awry has granted Max, Rocky, and Gizmo the unique ability to read and understand human words. Armed with this know-how, they continue to journey south, on the lookout for beacons planted by a trusted friend's owner -- beacons that promise to lead the trio to their people.When the companions reach the ocean's edge, they find a free-spirited beachfront community. Reunited with long-lost friends (and introduced to a new delicacy -- cat kibble), Max, Rocky, and Gizmo gain the motivation they need to keep going. But danger lies ahead. . . . As their travels take them deep into the spooky swampland, can they discover what's driven the humans away? Or have they finally reached the end of the long road?The Last Dogs: The Long Road is the third book in a thrilling series about three unlikely friends on an epic quest to find their people -- and bring them home.
When all the humans in his world disappear, Max, a yellow Labrador Retriever, begins the search for his family. He knows that if he can just find Madame Curie, a wise, old black Lab, she'll be able to help. Madame had a premonition of astonishing events to come -- she might know where Max's family is. But Max can't make the journey alone. Joined by friends Rocky and Gizmo, Max sets off to find Madame. Along the way, the trio must face a pack of angry wolves, forage for food in a land where kibble is akin to gold, befriend a house full of cats, and outsmart a gang of subway rats. Ultimately, they'll have to escape from the biggest threat of all: the Corporation, a "perfect" society for dogs and by dogs, where nothing is quite as it seems.The Last Dogs: The Vanishing is a thrilling adventure and a tale of three unlikely friends on an epic quest to find their people -- and bring them home.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.