This book contains well over 100 Christmas poems--old and new, traditional and modern--and features four sections, starting in winter, moving through Advent, and exploring the Nativity and the heart of the Christmas season and ending with the arrival of spring. It is the perfect anthology for Christmas, The Oxford Book of Christmas Poems contains a wide range of poems, old and new, well loved and less familiar. A whole host of poets are here including Ted Hughes, John Betjeman, T. S. Eliot, Walter de la Mare, Charles Causley, Dylan Thomas, W. H. Auden and Roger McGough -- along with traditional verses and carols. The Index is included. Adaptations have been made to preserve the format for Braille, auditory and print readers. Page Numbers reflect the book content and hard page breaks. A few pages were presented on two pages because of their great length labeled, for example, 157 Part A and 157 Part B. Contains British spelling and many uniquely spelled words and punctuation devised by the authors to fit their poetry. Also contains antiquated language. The poems, contents Index have been proofread word by word and spell checked. Expect unusual words like: snowful, Haie-aie, Sem, wot, and smit, yeeres, boyes and tending. The Bookshare collection also contains The Oxford Book of Christmas Stories.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.