- Table View
- List View
Chuck Martin takes readers on a journey from the creation of the first screen to the revolutionary third. Martin describes the cultural and social changes incurred by the first screen (the television) and the second screen (the personal computer), opening up his discussion of how the third screen--the mobile device--is redefining the role of the consumer.
The Ultimate Guide to Mobile Marketing - Revised and UpdatedAn American Express Open Forum Best Business BookWe are in the midst of a technological revolution bigger than the television or the PC. How do we, as marketers, harness mobile technology to serve our customers most effectively?With the "first screen"-the television-companies sent ads directly into consumers' living rooms, reaching millions with one campaign. The "second screen"-the personal computer-increased interaction between companies and consumers and allowed for immediate customer feedback. Now, the "third screen"-the mobile device-changed the game in an even more revolutionary way. The Third Screen: The Ultimate Guide to Mobile Marketing defines the implications, strategies, and tactics used to thrive in business during the mobile revolution. This revised, updated paperback links technological developments to behavioral changes, reveals the unexpected forces of thechanges in mobile, and equips marketers and businesses for the future.A new breed of consumer has emerged: on the go and always on, tapping into content at the touch of a button-anytime, anywhere.
What if you could pinpoint your perfect job?
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.