- Table View
- List View
In this fully revised edition of an established classic, expert researchers and clinicians describe in step-by-step detail updated techniques for the isolation and growth of major primary cell types, such as kidney proximal tubule cells, hepatocytes, keratinocytes, and cardiomyocytes. The authors offer readily reproducible new methods for the differentiation of embryonic stem (ES) cells into various hematopoietic cell types, for fetal thymic organ culture, and for the isolation and culture of specialized cell types, such as mammary progenitor cells, skeletal muscle myofibers, mesenchymal cells, neural stem cells, hematopoietic cells, stromal cell lines, and endothelial cells. Additional chapters describe new techniques (leukocyte rolling, isolation of side-population cells, and scalable production of ES-derived cells) and detail quality control methods for cell lines (detection and elimination of mycoplasma, DNA fingerprinting, and cytogenetic analysis).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.