- Table View
- List View
In this fully revised edition of an established classic, expert researchers and clinicians describe in step-by-step detail updated techniques for the isolation and growth of major primary cell types, such as kidney proximal tubule cells, hepatocytes, keratinocytes, and cardiomyocytes. The authors offer readily reproducible new methods for the differentiation of embryonic stem (ES) cells into various hematopoietic cell types, for fetal thymic organ culture, and for the isolation and culture of specialized cell types, such as mammary progenitor cells, skeletal muscle myofibers, mesenchymal cells, neural stem cells, hematopoietic cells, stromal cell lines, and endothelial cells. Additional chapters describe new techniques (leukocyte rolling, isolation of side-population cells, and scalable production of ES-derived cells) and detail quality control methods for cell lines (detection and elimination of mycoplasma, DNA fingerprinting, and cytogenetic analysis).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.