- Table View
- List View
The holidays are a time to celebrate and indulge in baked goods warm from the oven. Unfortunately for the gluten-sensitive, seasonal pleasures such as sugar cookies and mincemeat tarts have been off-limits. Not anymore! Jeanne Sauvage, author of the popular blog Art of Gluten-Free Baking, has perfected 60 gluten-free recipes with all the flavors of their wheat-filled counterparts. Also included are tips on how wheat-free ingredients work and Jeanne's own gluten-free flour mix. With favorites like apple pie, plum pudding, rugelach, bûche de Noël--even a gingerbread house--everyone can pull up a chair to the holiday table with comfort and joy.
The Pike Place Market sits in the center of downtown Seattle and at the center of the Seattle food scene. With its famous seafood and locally grown produce, it is seven acres of wonderful ingredients and inspiration for the home cook. Cookbook author Jess Thomson has prowled the Market's stalls, shops, restaurants, and purveyors to assemble 80 wonderful recipes that express all of the flavors of the Pike Place Market. Included here are Le Pichet's Salade Verte, Etta's Mini Dungeness Crab Cakes by Tom Douglas, and the Pink Door's Linguine alla Vongole. The author has also created recipes that are inspired by ingredients found at the market, such as Spanish Chickpea and Chorizo Stew (with Uli's Sausage) and a MarketSpice Tea Cake. The author is so well versed in the market that her cookbook can also serve as a guide to the specialty shops and off-the-beaten path purveyors and cafes. With gorgeous images by photographer Clare Barboza of prepared recipes, dazzling ingredients, and scenes of the Pike Place Market, this is the ultimate Seattle cookbook.
Two of the biggest draws of the farmers' market are the chance to buy local products and the opportunity to meet the producer--to skip the middleman and shake the hand of the farmer, the forager, the artisan. For so many of us living in the city, shopping at the supermarket, unwrapping plastic-covered sandwiches for lunch, or grabbing quick takeout, the vendors are heroic. They are passionate about their products and have chosen to do what they do on a small scale for any number of reasons, including better quality, tradition, respect for the earth, or to continue a family business. Writer Leora Bloom profiles 17 such Washington food artisans, including producers of fruit, wine, cheese, tomatoes, lavender, and honey, as well as meat, fish, and grains. She also provides recipes for each farmer's products, procured from Washington's most renowned chefs and restaurants.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.