How do young children learn language? When does this process start? What does language acquisition involve? Children are exposed to language from birth, surrounded by knowledgeable speakers who offer feedback and provide extensive practice every day. Through conversation and joint activities, children master the language being used around them. This fully revised third edition of Eve V. Clark's bestselling textbook offers comprehensive coverage of language acquisition, from a baby's first sounds to a child's increasing skill in negotiating, explaining and entertaining with language. This book, drawing together the most recent findings in the field, and illustrated with examples from a wide range of experimental and observational studies, including the author's own diary observations, presents an essential and comprehensive guide to first language acquisition. It will be fascinating reading for students of linguistics, developmental psychology, and cognitive science.
This second edition of the bestselling book summarizes guidelines for best use of graphics for instructional materials, including multimedia, texts, classroom aids, and slides used for briefings. These guidelines are based on updated scientific research and contain illustrative examples including examples for readers without a background in psychology. The authors help trainers tie graphics into their lesson topics and include facts, concepts, processes, procedures, and principles. The book discusses technical and environmental issues (such as bandwidth or screen size) that will influence how instructional professionals can apply the guidelines.
Wahida Clark and Kiki Swinson are two mistresses who have the street lit genre on lock. --The RAWSISTAZ Reviewers Enemy in My Bed Wahida ClarkKreesha can't control her dangerous feelings for Reign--a brother who's married, just out of prison, and one strike away from lockdown-for-life. But when Reign betrays her to the Feds, she'll risk everything to save her empire and give Reign one last seduction--with a bullet. . . Keeping My Enemies Close Kiki SwinsonLarissa is fed up with lying, cheating men. Her best friend Tenisha's suggestion: try a guaranteed-to-be-faithful brother in prison. But when hooking up with Sean lands Larissa behind bars, she'll do whatever it takes to make sure Tenisha and Sean get the ultimate payback. . . Includes An Excerpt From Kiki's New Novel!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.