This paper explores the reasons behind the recent transformation and upturn of the Mexican economy. the changes are the result of the authorities' determination to stick with a difficult reform program since the early 1980s, supported by multilateral financial institutions, creditor countries, and commercial banks.
Mexico is at a critical juncture. The next administration will assume power at a particularly crucial time in Mexico's economic and social development. Its priorities and actions will have a decisive impact on the country's long-term economic, social, and even, political trajectory. If the political paralysis that has prevented the last two administrations from tackling Mexico's fundamental economic problems continues for another six years, the country may slide from its current low-growth equilibrium into a vicious cycle of economic stagnation, and subsequently dash the peoples' hopes, further erode the government's credibility, and worsen the law and order situation. By contrast, if the new administration embraces a well-balanced reform agenda and adopts a package of bold initiatives early in its term, it could once again unleash Mexico's vast potential and build the foundations of a more prosperous, safer and dynamic society. A New Vision for Mexico 2042 identifies the priority issues that could influence Mexico's long-term economic trajectory, and outlines a balanced action program necessary to effectively address these issues. It includes reforms and actions that would simultaneously achieve much higher and more inclusive growth, and thus would restore the sense of pride and optimism among Mexicans that has been eroding in recent years. The issues discussed are ofsuch importance that the legacy of the next Presidency could well be determined by the administration's willingness and ability to implement the agenda outlined in this book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.