From the Book Jacket: "Officers did a grid search last night and then repeated it today," Detective Brocchini said. "There are three dog teams there, and mounted sheriffs are coming over. The sheriff's helicopter has also searched the area with a heat detector." "Have you used cadaver dogs yet?" Scott asked. The detective was shocked. "Cadaver dogs are used for sniffing out dead bodies," Brocchini explained. "Have you already given up on finding Laci alive?" Catherine Crier has been covering the Peterson case since Laci Peterson disappeared from her home on December 24, 2002. Crier, a former judge and one of television's most popular legal analysts, was among the first to question the behavior of Laci's husband, Scott Peterson. And with her network of journalistic sources, Crier was soon able to penetrate the core of the police investigation that followed-gaining access to a huge and revealing body of previously unseen police reports, transcripts of recorded conversations, photographic evidence, and other exclusive materials. Drawing on these resources-and extensive interviews with key witnesses and lead investigators-Crier has written this astonishingly detailed and intimate look at the most notorious murder case since O. J. Simpson. Among the revelations in A Deadly Game: Dozens of actual conversations involving Scott, Amber Frey, the police, and his family, friends, and others- filled with Scott's chilling and incriminating behavior The most complete account ever of Scott's lies and manipulation-in the words of those who knew him best Accounts of Scott's womanizing from his conquests themselves-including the woman he was dating just before Laci, and two of his mistresses before Amber How Laci's mother confronted Scott with furious accusations-while his own mother privately urged him to "deny, deny, deny" How swift police work may have saved the case in the first twenty-four hours The untold story of how Amber maintained contact with Scott without informing police, and was briefly considered a suspect #12;' How Scott bragged to two different witnesses about how to kill someone Many never-before-seen police photos, documents, and evidence files Thoroughly engrossing yet highly disturbing, A Deadly Game is the definitive account of a murder that left an indelible stain on the American psyche.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.