- Table View
- List View
From the Book Jacket: "Officers did a grid search last night and then repeated it today," Detective Brocchini said. "There are three dog teams there, and mounted sheriffs are coming over. The sheriff's helicopter has also searched the area with a heat detector." "Have you used cadaver dogs yet?" Scott asked. The detective was shocked. "Cadaver dogs are used for sniffing out dead bodies," Brocchini explained. "Have you already given up on finding Laci alive?" Catherine Crier has been covering the Peterson case since Laci Peterson disappeared from her home on December 24, 2002. Crier, a former judge and one of television's most popular legal analysts, was among the first to question the behavior of Laci's husband, Scott Peterson. And with her network of journalistic sources, Crier was soon able to penetrate the core of the police investigation that followed-gaining access to a huge and revealing body of previously unseen police reports, transcripts of recorded conversations, photographic evidence, and other exclusive materials. Drawing on these resources-and extensive interviews with key witnesses and lead investigators-Crier has written this astonishingly detailed and intimate look at the most notorious murder case since O. J. Simpson. Among the revelations in A Deadly Game: Dozens of actual conversations involving Scott, Amber Frey, the police, and his family, friends, and others- filled with Scott's chilling and incriminating behavior The most complete account ever of Scott's lies and manipulation-in the words of those who knew him best Accounts of Scott's womanizing from his conquests themselves-including the woman he was dating just before Laci, and two of his mistresses before Amber How Laci's mother confronted Scott with furious accusations-while his own mother privately urged him to "deny, deny, deny" How swift police work may have saved the case in the first twenty-four hours The untold story of how Amber maintained contact with Scott without informing police, and was briefly considered a suspect #12;' How Scott bragged to two different witnesses about how to kill someone Many never-before-seen police photos, documents, and evidence files Thoroughly engrossing yet highly disturbing, A Deadly Game is the definitive account of a murder that left an indelible stain on the American psyche.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.