- Table View
- List View
Whether you are young and fertile, over 40 and having trouble conceiving, or anywhere in between, here is the best resource to help you get pregnant. The only must-have fertility book, Getting Pregnant, completely revised and updated, not only addresses the needs of those who cannot conceive but serves as the ultimate guide for anyone planning to have a baby, now or in the future. Addressing the newest, state-of-the-art medical treatments for infertility, Getting Pregnant gives you all the latest news on: eight brand-new fertility drugs donor eggs and donor sperm a new 15-minute in-office surgery that can double conception odds breakthrough technologies for preventing chronic miscarriage how both sex and lifestyle factors affect fertility, including the "Nine to Five" guide for protecting your reproductive health on the job Getting Pregnant also provides a wealth of practical information about the exercises, foods, and supplements that encourage a faster, healthier conception, as well as brand-new, all-natural techniques that influence the gender of your child. You'll also find a helpful six-month personal pregnancy planner that addresses all of your pre-conception health and medical needs. Don't miss the new chapters that focus on protecting, increasing, and extending fertility, while new frontiers in both the treatment of male fertility and the science of motherhood are explored.
The V Zone answers those difficult and embarrassing questions women often are unable to ask their own doctor. Colette Bouchez, an award winning medical journalist, explains important health information in easy-to-understand language, and offers women a clear, concise plan for dealing with the most common gynecological complaints. In addition to describing currently available medical treatments, The V Zone reports on natural and alternative solutions, and helps navigate the wide array of over-the-counter products, including menstrual aids, home test kits, and feminine hygiene products. Know instantly what's safe to use, what's not, when it's okay to self-treat, and when it's time to seek professional care. Also included is the latest information on: vaginitis, painful sex urinary tract infections, yeast infections, STDs, and much more! With advice from over two dozen medical experts, The V Zone is the definitive guide women can turn to and rely on, today and for years to come.
Your Perfectly Pampered Menopause: Health, Beauty, and Lifestyle Advice for the Best Years of Your Lifeby Colette Bouchez
A fun and fabulous health guide for living well at midlife--no prescription required! Menopause can be a difficult and confusing time--but it doesn't have to be. Your Perfectly Pampered Menopausehas the answers that make the difference, with a clear-cut plan that shows you how to look and feel better now than ever before. Culling advice from leading medical experts, award-winning reporter Colette Bouchez dispenses the latest news on everything from hot flashes, insomnia, and dysfunctional bleeding to incontinence, bone health, weight control, and more. She explores the latest buzz on HRT, natural hormones, and the newest prescription drugs, as well as the latest in natural and traditional care for a trulycomprehensiveguide to midlife health. But she also brings you advice from top beauty and lifestyle experts and clues you in on everything from anti-aging skin and hair care to the hottest news in midlife nutrition (including an anti-hot-flash diet!), divine new relaxation techniques, optimal exercise and dieting secrets, and putting the kick back into your sex life! With this complete guide to taking care of yourself now and in the future you'll discover how midlife can be the best time of your life! From the Trade Paperback edition.
The moment a pregnancy is announced, all eyes are on baby. But what about Mom? Not only is her body changing, everything about her lifestyle is turning upside down. A revolutionary new kind of self-help guide,Your Perfectly Pampered Pregnancyputs Mom at center stage, with hundreds of tips on how to have the healthiest, most vibrant pregnancy possible. Culling advice from top medical, beauty, and style sources worldwide , award-winning health reporter Colette Bouchez delivers sound medical advice as well as beauty and lifestyle tips to keep Mom happy and healthy, ensuring baby will be healthier and happier as well. Highlights include: *The five most common pregnancy complaints--and how to beat them *The beauty, hair, and skin care products that are safe to use--and what to avoid *How to choose maternity clothes without losing your sense of style *Natural and relaxing ways to beat stress, overcome sleep problems, and handle pregnancy fears *How to treat painful--and often embarrassing--pregnancy problems naturally and easily, and how to know when it's time to seek a doctor's help *Advice on how to blend your career obligations with impending motherhood--and look and feel great while doing it! *How to make pregnant sex the best sex of your life Written in the caring, one-on-one tone of a best friend,Your Perfectly Pampered Pregnancyis a unique (and long overdue) addition to the booming baby category.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.