- Table View
- List View
<p>In the early days of the 20th century, department store magnate John\nWanamaker famously said, "I know that half of my advertising doesn't\nwork. The problem is that I don't know which half." That remained\nbasically true until Google transformed advertising with AdSense based\non new uses of data and analysis. The same might be said about health\ncare and it's poised to go through a similar transformation as new\ntools, techniques, and data sources come on line. Soon we'll make\npolicy and resource decisions based on much better understanding of\nwhat leads to the best outcomes, and we'll make medical decisions\nbased on a patient's specific biology. The result will be better\nhealth at less cost.<br/><br/>\nThis paper explores how data analysis will help us structure the\nbusiness of health care more effectively around outcomes, and how it\nwill transform the practice of medicine by personalizing for each\nspecific patient.</p>
A new critical edition of the acknowledged best Canadian novel of the 1930s. Irene Baird's Waste Heritage is a groundbreaking work of Canadian fiction based on the dramatic and violent labour disputes that took place in British Columbia in 1938. The story follows the progress of two friends, Matt Striker, a 23-year-old from Saskatchewan, and his simple-minded companion Eddy, as they travel from Vancouver to Victoria following the occupation of the Vancouver Post Office. Like the unemployed masses that took siege of the Post Office, Matt and Eddy yearn for relief after years of economic depression. Empathetic and tragic, Waste Heritage has been praised as Canada's Grapes of Wrath and the most important Canadian novel of the 1930s.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.