- Table View
- List View
"Everyone knows the public Diana: the sweet, shy English girl with "a history but no past" who married the Prince of Wales in a storybook wedding. But what of Diana in private? Was she really just an innocent kindergarten teacher when she and Prince Charles got engaged? Was she truly in love with her fiance - and how did he feel about her? And what went on behind the palace gates after the honeymoon was over?" "While Diana's previous biographers have been firmly outside her inner circle, Lady Colin Campbell, with personal connections to European and British royalty, takes us inside that circle to bring us the first truly informed account of the Princess's life and marriage." "Here is Diana in intimate detail - from the child caught up in her parents' scandalous divorce, to the savvy flirt who captured a Prince. ("If she'd been a wild animal," confides a relative, "she'd have made an excellent hunter.") Here is the lonely teenager roller-skating through Buckingham Palace, and the newlywed who thought her new house in the Cotswolds a terrible comedown from her ancestral home. And here is Diana the woman - from her transformation into a famous beauty to the truth about her relationships with other men both before and after marriage." "With extraordinary candor and sympathy - and, above all, with an insider's understanding - Lady Colin Campbell goes beyond the myth of the fairytale princess to unveil the real Diana."--BOOK JACKET. Title Summary field provided by Blackwell North America, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.