- Table View
- List View
Lamps of Courage: By Dim and Flaring Lamps, Home Fires Burning, A Light in the Night, Beside the Golden Doorby Joann A. Grote Colleen Reece Renee Demarco Janelle Burnham
by dim and flaring lamps Lucy Danielson longs for just two things: to ease pain and suffering alongside her doctor father and to marry Jeremiah Cunningham. But Jere's father wants him to marry a more influential young woman. What paths will Lucy and Jere decide to take when the Civil War erupts? Home Fires Burning Glorie Cunningham thought it would be wonderful to serve her country on the European front during the Great War, but she is assigned at an army hospital in her hometown. Her work seems to be the mundane battle against the flu epidemic-She knows she shouldn't allow it, but she can't fight an attraction to a certain patient suffering effects of mustard gas. Will her heart get irrevocably tangled? A Light in the Night Elisabeth Baker is a Red Cross nurse who doesn't particularly enjoy being called to work for the U.S. Army at a remote post in Labrador. She's hoping for a quick end to the Second World War, and is not allowing herself to get too attached to anyone. Then she meets a Canadian pilot whose gentle friendship tugs at her heart. What if she loses him to the awful war? Beside the Golden Door by Renee DeMarco After three internships, Kiersten Davis will sign up to serve her country in the war-torn areas of the world. Working with drug addiction, alcoholism, and cases of abuse was not in her plans. She makes a very embarrassing judgment call and meets Brett Lewis. Can he help her see a different side to her patients and their circumstances?
John and Sarah Smythe are setting out on an adventure. John and Sarah have lived in Holland all of their lives. But not anymore. Their parents, along with many other friends, have decided to move to America, the New World. While they know that God will travel with them, there are many things the Smythes and their friends don't know. One of their ships will start to sink. Fierce Atlantic storms will batter the Mayflower, threatening to tear her apart. Many people will get sick, and some won't live to see their new home. How will John and Sarah survive the voyage?
Sophomore Juli Scott hasn't accepted her father's death. Something deep inside refuses to believe policeman Gary Scott was killed in the line of duty. The case is left unresolved and closed by the police department, but not in Juli's heart. Then Juli is transferred to a new school. She dreads not knowing anyone, but is happily surprised when an assignment by the principal brings a new friend in Shannon Riley. Juli and Shannon are plunged into excitement, adventure, and terrible danger as they follow a path of clues that leads them to an amazing discovery!
Here in one inexpensive volume are four new inspirational love stories from Christmases gone by.
Four inspirational love stories from Christmases past comprise this collection. Includes 'For the Love of a Child' by Sally Laity, 'Miracle on Kismet Hill' by Loree Lough, 'Christmas Flower' by Colleen L. Reece, and 'God Jul' by Tracie Peterson.
John and Sarah Smythe are hungry. Plymouth Colony in December is cold and bleak. One hundred people need food and shelter, but many of them are too sick to work. Samoset and Massasoit show their new neighbors how to get food and plant seeds, but by spring, half the people who made the trip on the Mayflower are dead. So far the Smythe family has been spared, but too many of their friends are gone. John and Sarah spend hours each day working in the fields and doing chores to help, but they worry. What will happen if their parents get sick?
Two teenagers Prudence, and Jamie voyage on the Mayflower to America. The story tells of how they lived. This is historical fiction for readers 8-12.
How is ice cream made and what goes into making ice cream? How can you make ice cream at home? Find out in this book with a recipe for ice cream.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.