- Table View
- List View
There were diamonds in that old family mine, Skye Blackbird was sure of it. She'd be able to prove it, too, and fulfill her Ojibwa chieftain father's dream, if it weren't for paleontologist Jake Baxter, who was searching for dinosaur bones in the very same spot. When sabotage occurred at the dig's site, Jake wasn't sure if it was angry locals or a rival paleontologist who had done it. But someone didn't want the earth disturbed, and as the body count mounted, it appeared that same someone might also want to add him and Skye to the tally. . . .
Uncovering a modern-day crime scene was not how marine archaeologist Wynne Baxter expected to use her diving skills. Yet when handsome family friend Simon Lassiter fell under suspicion in the death of his cousin and former fiancée, Wynne vowed to help him learn the truth, even though it meant risking everything in Superior's stormy waters.But a tempest of a different kind was about to fall on the Lassiter family, and Wynne found herself caught up in the maelstrom. Whom could she trust as the clouds of suspicion and danger rolled in over her head?
Set on Eagle Island in Lake Superior near the Keweenaw Peninsula, Windig Twilight tells the story of Rebecca Lynn Baxter. Determined to solve her parents' murders at Windigo Manor, Rebecca applies there to be a research assistant for novelist Max Duncan. Soon after her arrival, she finds herself the target of several near-deadly attacks. Could it be that her parents' murders were not random? Rebecca has no one to turn to except her employer, and she discovers that Max is a strong a faithful man whose love may be just what she needs to survive.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.