- Table View
- List View
There were diamonds in that old family mine, Skye Blackbird was sure of it. She'd be able to prove it, too, and fulfill her Ojibwa chieftain father's dream, if it weren't for paleontologist Jake Baxter, who was searching for dinosaur bones in the very same spot. When sabotage occurred at the dig's site, Jake wasn't sure if it was angry locals or a rival paleontologist who had done it. But someone didn't want the earth disturbed, and as the body count mounted, it appeared that same someone might also want to add him and Skye to the tally. . . .
Uncovering a modern-day crime scene was not how marine archaeologist Wynne Baxter expected to use her diving skills. Yet when handsome family friend Simon Lassiter fell under suspicion in the death of his cousin and former fiancée, Wynne vowed to help him learn the truth, even though it meant risking everything in Superior's stormy waters.But a tempest of a different kind was about to fall on the Lassiter family, and Wynne found herself caught up in the maelstrom. Whom could she trust as the clouds of suspicion and danger rolled in over her head?
Set on Eagle Island in Lake Superior near the Keweenaw Peninsula, Windig Twilight tells the story of Rebecca Lynn Baxter. Determined to solve her parents' murders at Windigo Manor, Rebecca applies there to be a research assistant for novelist Max Duncan. Soon after her arrival, she finds herself the target of several near-deadly attacks. Could it be that her parents' murders were not random? Rebecca has no one to turn to except her employer, and she discovers that Max is a strong a faithful man whose love may be just what she needs to survive.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.