- Table View
- List View
Thirteen-year-old Bee resumes the physical relationship she has had in the past with her seventeen-year-old brother Jacky, a move that forces them to confront their personal histories.
When Ivy and Ray's parents are sent to jail and they are left in the custody of their parents' accusers, they decide to look for evidence that will "spring" their parents.
Berry Morgan's older sister Laura is killed while working as a school volunteer in South Africa. Berry, 16, is estranged from their divorced father but joins him for a two-week trip to South Africa to participate in Laura's memorial.
A new classic from Newbery and Printz Honor winning author Carolyn Coman. THE MEMORY BANK is the story of Hope Scroggins, who lives with her beloved sister Honey and the Dursley-esque parents they share. In fact these parents are SO horribly awful that one day, when the sisters disobey the rule against "no laughing", they banish Honey forever, telling Hope that she must simply "forget" her. Hope knows that she HAS to find her sister again, before her memories of Honey fade. But before she can even begin to look, she's whisked away to the World Wide Memory Bank, where her accounts are in disarray...
Ivy and Ray go on vacation to the Florida Everglades with their parents in order to find their only living relative, a distant cousin who, according to their great-grandfather's memoirs, absconded with a valuable, if unspecified, item.
After her mother dies in a rescue mission on a snowy mountain, twelve-year-old Roz wonders if talking to God, and to the boy for whom her mother died, can help her understand what happened.
When Jamie saw him throw the baby, saw Van throw the little baby, saw Van throw his little sister Nin, then they moved out. They move into a little trailer and things are fine...as long as no one gets too close. A Newbery Honor Book.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.